Every girl can be a SciGirl – every kid can do citizen science!
Real Data = Real Fun
Premieres April 2015 on PBS
Check Local Listings or watch online
SCIGIRLS is in the house! And on the street, at the beach, in the park, even after dark. From their own backyards to a NASA research center, the bright, relatable, real girls featured on SCIGIRLS’ groundbreaking third season are seriously into citizen science.
Citizen science is the hottest new STEM frontier that engages the general public in real science. Scientists worldwide invite ordinary people – like the SciGirls! – to observe and record data about everything from birds to beaches, monarchs to maple trees. The citizen scientists share their data with scientists, who use it to research the natural world.
In six new episodes, the SciGirls and their female STEM professional mentors hit the great outdoors to explore these hands-on citizen science initiatives:
- listen for frog calls with FrogWatch USA
- track the changing seasons with Nature’s Notebook
- verify satellite imagery of clouds with NASA S’COOL
- monitor fragile butterfly populations with the Monarch Larva Monitoring Project
- improve urban bird habitats with Celebrate Urban Birds
- advocate for healthy oceans with Seafloor Explorer
Check out the first PBS show to celebrate citizen science, and visit our safe and mobile website to watch videos, play games and connect with other STEM adventurers.
Every girl can be a SciGirl – and a citizen scientist!
- Press Images & Graphics
- Fact Sheet
- Press Release
- Mentor Bios
- Episode Description Paragraphs
- Episode One-liners
- Citizen Science Partner Organizations
For additional information contact:
Twin Cities Public Television
Email: [email protected]